200-Hour Program of Study in Toronto (North York)
Yoga Alliance (USA) Certified Program
For those who would like to deepen their insights into the science of yoga and pranayama, as well as pursue teaching certification in holistic yoga with a Yoga Alliance Registered School, this is an ideal opportunity. Imagine delving into a YTT program (Yoga Teacher Training) with the convenience of being at an in-town yoga centre. At Jaya Yoga Centre Toronto, we offer a Summer Intensive YTT program and a Fall/Spring weekend program. The centre offers a peaceful, inspiring setting equipped for YTT.
Why is our Yoga School certified with Yoga Alliance USA? This is the most tenured and globally recognized association representing the yoga community for over 20 years. They represents thousands of teachers, schools and continuing education providers worldwide. When our students graduate, we ask them to register here to be linked to the Jaya Yoga YTT School. To learn more about Yoga Alliance USA click HERE.
YTT 200-Hour Program of Study:
This comprehensive training course weaves the ancient sister-sciences of Yoga and Pranayama into a holistic understanding of practice, application and study. Students will have the opportunity to learn the material through immersion with an integrative approach.
Students will learn:
- The benefits and cautions of principal asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques)
- How to create various class-styles from the beginner to intermediate levels
- Teaching methodology, including modifications for age and common injuries/conditions, how to create a grounded and inspired space for teaching/learning, the use of voice, language and more….
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The physical/mental benefits of yoga
- Subtle Yogic Anatomy and the Chakras
- Mantra and Mudras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, Nutrition, and the Yogic diet
- Yoga Philosophy
- Study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into profound yogic practices and contemplations, as well as their life-transforming benefits
- Teaching practicum and feedback from the trainers and your peers. On successful graduation, each student will be required to teach 2 karma yoga classes at the studio as practice.
Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Weekend Yoga Teacher Training Program:
Tuition: $3800 + HST. Fee includes course, manual and 3 month unlimited pass at the studio.
Early Bird Tuition: $3200 + HST **Tuition must be paid in full by Sept 1, 2020
Principal Teachers: Susanne Muller – Head of Jaya Yoga Teacher Training; Ana Kordic – Anatomy Instructor
Dates: October 2020 – May 2021:
October 3/4 & 17/18
November 7/8 & 14/15 & 21/22
January 9/10 & 23/24
February 6/7& 13/14 & 27/28
March 13/14 &27/28
April 10/11 & 24/25
May 8/9 & 15/16
Time: Saturdays 12:30-6:30PM & Sundays 12:30-5:00PM
Please register by requesting a registration form through email@example.com.
A deposit of $500 must be included with registration which will only be kept towards the full fee, if student is accepted into the YTT Program.
Very, very encouraging and supportive. Extremely helpful! Great teachers!!! Truly was a wonderful environment with incredible passion towards teaching their students!!! Highly recommend this studio to everyone!! F. D.
All the teachers were knowledgeable and caring. the studio itself is beautiful. the non judgmental attitude and the feeling of acceptance for the person you are is amazing. I would recommend this studio. N. M.
My YTT at Jaya Yoga Centre was one of the best experiences of my life. The teachers were passionate and embodied all that they taught. I learned just as much about myself as I did about yoga, and that to me was invaluable. The fundamentals of Yoga (asanas, pranayama, ethics, class format) are essential, but what was extra in this YTT was the philosophy and our many discussions on how to apply it to life, not just on the mat. I am extremely happy to have had the opportunity to train to be a yoga instructor at Jaya Yoga Centre. T. W.